Monday, November 3, 2008, 10:07 PM
I've got something to say after taking care of my little Alyssa for abt 6 weeks (thursday is 6 wks liao)..
First, would like to share how painful is the process when about to give birth.. The contractions were abit more painful than menstrual cramp (which varies from ppl to ppl, some really damn pain while mine is ok only).. If your menstrual cramp can make u having cold sweat dripping down, then it should be abt that kinda feeling.. The actual pain came in when the baby is abt to come out.. Can say nearly felt like giving up, dun wana give birth anymore.. For alot of reasons, I persevered and finally baby Alyssa head came out, whew, another push to go for the body to be out (which was much more easier).. See the placenta when nurse showed me, yucks so disgusting..
I think I did broke down and cried abit after giving birth to my baby.. At first, all I thought is that I wana give my hubby a baby, or maybe a baby could more or less improve our marriage.. I felt so sad, thinking was it worth dat kinda pain to give birth to a baby? But things changed after really looking at the little baby, holding her in my arms, feeling like it's a miracle that this little thing can pop out of my tummy! All the negative feelings gone when u see her sleeping soundly, so innocent, so cute!
In the hospital and 1st few days home, only 1 word can describe my days there - TIRED..
I cannot stop ppl from visiting me, cos they came for goodsake and to see the baby.. I cannot tell ppl that I'm super tired and wana sleep and rest for the day.. phew, really difficult to tahan the days during 1st week.. So, for Dom and Wendy, my visits to you will be short and pls dun misunderstand that I dun care.. I care, that's why I dun wana disturb ur rest.. =)
Come to the feeding period.. this is the most tiring part for the 1st month.. currently 2nd month, still the same but more used to it.. I've got something to say to all the fathers and father to be.. during confinement or first few mths, pls pay more attention to ur wives' emotions.. I can say I broke down and cried as I dun have enough rest, feeling neglected by hubby cos he seems like only seeing baby when he's back from work.. Expects maybe a hug from him when he's back to maybe show that he appreciates my hard work of taking care of the baby, but always disappointed.. I dunno how other fathers feel during this period of time, but surely I do know how the mothers feel.. Felt so negative, so down and worse of all, baby fell sick.. really so luan that time..
Now that all things seems stable down, more used to the day and night 3 hourly feeds, I think emotionally I feel better now.. Hubby went reservist today till 11th Nov, think Iwill be more tired this week liao.. Maybe baby Alyssa will miss the daddy night feeds before his bedtime cos normally I'll take over the midnight feeds..
Ok, stop here so much for the topic on baby, will post another day when I'm free.. now go do housework, hang clothes liao.. =)Labels: Baby Alyssa